Rediscover Relations

 
                                                Holiday ! Holiday ! Holiday !

           "Hey! What are the classes that your son is enrolled for this vacation?" next house aunt indulges with proud shoulders and anxious eyes, seeking a mere reply. "My son? He is very busy! His favourite is skating and karate. His father too is interested towards his admiration and development of skills. But I am thinking about the new techno school, which is offering cool summer camps".

         Visiting and staying in a relative's house has become an old tradition in this modern world. Children face difficulties in adapting to a different environment. Nuclear families may be one of the major root cause for this issue. Parents themselves are not letting the child to mingle with other children. Switching on the Air conditioner and playing Xbox is their so called 'fashion'. I give you in writing that, your child will never learn any life skills if this attitude persist. 

           At this stage, I look back at my childhood and feel the real treasure of pure journey.  Cycling swallowed my little worries. Hitting the market improved my math ability as my mom just does not stop her purchase list with two items. Though I didn't enjoy my group singing class to that extent, it fetched me a good name and fame in all my footsteps. Attending Hindi class for Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha examinations were a real mental agony. Even my CBSE school had never conducted test in all sundays like them.  But, as the time flies, those small extra efforts were really appreciated in later stages. Can we get the knowledge of riding a cycle by simply reading a book, titled " How to ride a bicycle?". Even if I want to learn a new language, my family and  other commitments  occupies a greater space in my mind.  
          "My parents are really great." I felt this only after hitting my relatives house for longer stay away from my palace and people. At first, I struggled to adapt. My tom and jerry relationship with my sister shone like a twinkling star. Both of us realized the closeness and became good friends only at that juncture. Being a first born in the family gave birth to my responsibility in such scenarios. With gadgets-free living, we played games that inculcated the real art and provoked in-built talents. Those plays were not only a time pass but also taught values and made to understand people's psychology. Getting scoldings gave me a strong lesson of not repeating the mistake. Stick and cup ice creams were more tastier when we ate in groups. Listening to stories from elders expertise our imagination skills. I am worried so much that my next generation would not enjoy such fruitful benefits. Even in a close relative function, selfies have occupied its key position, but not smiles and happy tears. Get-together is not meant like sitting and surfing with your mobiles. Throw your mobile phones !!! and Idiot box remote!!! Rather, rediscover the relations as people are more important than electronic gadgets.

Thanks to Filmera studios for discovering the tradition of  bonding relations through a wonderful snap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Story : Around the corner - 2

Short Story: Around the Corner - 5

Short Story: Around the Corner - 3